Register early for a chance to win:
- Complimentary Registration (1 Flag / 1 Tackle)
- Free DYF Camp Admission (3 Total)
- Dragon Football Player Inflatable (5)
- Dicks Dollars for Dicks Sporting Goods (10)
The earlier you enter, the more chances that you have to win:
- Week 1 (April 1st-5th) - 20 Entries per family
- Week 2 (April 6th-12th) - 10 Entries per family
- Week 3 (April 13th-20th) - 5 Entries per family
Hello Dragon Nation!!!
First and foremost, we hope that you all are safe and sound and have been taking advantage of this very difficult time to be with your families. Your Dragon Youth Football family is already hard at work getting ready for the upcoming 2020 Fall season. Registration will open for Football, Cheer and the Dazzlers on April 1.
The DYF website (www.dragonyouthfootball.net) is up to date with the 2020 season’s key dates and information. Please visit our website and keep up with our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for the latest updates.
As we begin the registration process, we would like to alert you to a few important items pertaining to DYF:
1. Registration costs for our 3rd-6th grade tackle football has increased to help offset the need to rent an additional turf field for game days and to accommodate more teams on turf fields for weekday practices. We are so grateful to the team at CISD for working with DYF to insure access to these fantastic new facilities. We also have purchased upgraded jerseys for our tackle teams that are more in-line with the other leagues against whom we compete.
2. We have a goal to limit team sizes to a reasonable number of players for 4th-6th grade. Specifically, we will try to limit those teams to 18 players/team. The number of DYF teams will be determined based on these limits and on a first come first served basis. So, it is important to register early to avoid being placed on a waitlist. Please note this is a goal only and DYF reserves the flexibility to exceed these limits where it makes sense and as appropriate.
3. DYF will not accept any special requests for players to be placed on a team, play/not play for a particular coach, with the exception of those players that have applicable special needs covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
4. Full refunds will processed for players electing to withdraw their application prior to registration close on June 15. Partial refunds (less $100) will be processed for players electing to withdraw their application after registration closes and prior to the August 13-14 DYF draft. No refunds will be processed for any player after the August 13-14 DYF draft.
NOTE: If COVID-19 still persists and forces season cancellation, all players will receive a full refund.
Dazzlers specific items:
1. We will not accept refunds as we are limited to the amount of registrations we can take in. We will also not accept friend requests or coach requests since we will only have two teams. We WILL accept sibling requests (to be on the same Dazzler team).
2. As we are limited to the number of registrations we will also have a waitlist after we move past 54 registrations.
3. We will be performing during half time for 5th and 6th grade teams during home games (in Southlake) only.
We Believe in Dragons!!!
Dragon Youth Football
April 1st - Registration Opens
May 30th - Background Check Deadline for Coaches
May 30th - USA Heads Up Certification 'in-person' for Coaches (Tentative)
May 30th - Sideline Badges for Coaches (Tentative)
June (1st-3rd) - Coach Riley Dodge Football Camp (7th-9th Grade))
June (8th-10th) - Coach Riley Dodge Football Camp (K-6th Grade)
June 15th - Registration Closed
August 10th and/or11th - Coach and Parents Meeting (Tentative)
August 10th - 12th - DYF Summer Camp
August 12th - DYF Combine
August 13th - Draft (K/1, 2nd & 3rd Grade)
August 14th - Draft (4th - 6th Grade)
August 17th - Practices Begin
August 22nd - USA Heads Up Certification 'in-person' for Coaches (Tentative)
August 29th - Weigh-in (Tackle Only)
September 5th - 6th - AT&T Stadium Scrimmage (Tentative)
September 12th - Opening Weekend
November 7th - Playoffs (All Brackets)
November 14th - Super Bowls (All Brackets except 'A')
November 21st - NTFL Championships ('A' Bracket only)
TBD - Dragons Spring Game
TBD - Community Pep Rally
TBD - DYF Night @ Dragon Stadium
TBD - DYF Appreciation Days at Dicks Sporting Goods
Great way to kick off the 2020 Fall Football Season. Dragon Youth Football Camp Powered by FASST Performance is open to all kids K through 6th Grade. This year’s camp is being run again by Willie Pile (click here for Bio) and FASST Performance. Coach Pile is a former NFL player for the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.
The FASST Performance program is designed to teach the fundamentals of speed, agility, balance, and coordination which will be on display during the camp. The camp will also offer Non-Contact Offensive and Defensive Position Specific Drills for all levels of experience.
Dates: August 10th-12th
Location: Old Dragon Stadium
Camp Fees: $125 per child, and includes a DYF/FASST Camp t-shirt for each participant
Note: To ensure that your child receives the t-shirt size requested, please register early.
The Developmental Course is geared towards our middle school aged athletes who are starting to grow their love for sports and training.
We will focus on essential movement patterns in the weight room with an emphasis on building strength through bodyweight movements. This allows the athletes to continue to develop and apply their skills in a more structured weight room setting.
The goal is to provide the athletes with competency in the weight room and improve overall functional strength. As athletes continue to mature, they will have developed proper technique that will allow them to maximize the benefits from strength training later. Through our movement training, athletes will acquire movement skills that transfer to their sport.
Proper running, jumping, landing, and decelerating mechanics will be emphasized. Competing in an enthusiastic team environment and continuing to cultivate character through hard work will always be highlighted.
Carroll ISD Information & Registration Link
Here is a video of highlights from our foundational courses: https://youtu.be/FVWXwPTqM5Q
This program is designed for 1st-5th graders and puts an emphasis on physical awareness, balance, coordination and keeping the FUN in the fundamentals.
The ultimate aim of the Foundational Course is to teach the athlete basic functional movements while allowing them to explore, play and foster a love for hard work.
Carroll ISD Information & Registration Link
3RD GRADE ROOKIE TACKLE
Dragon Youth Football (DYF) is excited to partner with USA Football and its adoption of the United States Olympic Committee's American Development Model (ADM).
This program is designed to focus on the proper development of young players, increase enjoyment and ensure the sports long-term viability.
The model for Dragon Youth Football Includes:
New to DYF or want to be added to our email communications? Register for an account on our website (upper left) and you will automatically be added to our contact database. DYF does not share our contact list with anyone.